It is worth knowing that most skills which are key on the job market belong to three categories.
The categories are the following:
How to translate it into a CV language? Let’s analyze each of the categories above.
„They are often the most difficult for candidates to catalog and list, mainly because they seem obvious to us and we do not think that they may be important to our potential employer. In fact, however, due to their universality they may predispose us to hold many job positions.”
– says Joseph D. Novak, international job vacancies website expert.
If you apply for a job position in the same industry that you are currently working in, these skills need to be highlighted more. It is because specialist skills stand for qualifications that are strictly connected with a given profession, e.g. programming (in IT), keeping accounting records (in accounting) or extending electrical installations (in architecture).
If you apply for a job in a related industry, you need to consider how to present these skills. Some of them, even though they sound specialist, may have a universal value. After all, the ability to do a specific thing may show the overall capacity. Some of these skills, however, may be totally useless to an employer.
„These skills should be included both in a cv and in a cover letter. What is meant by soft skills is a list of traits that reflect your personality. Thus, it is worth considering carefully what makes you a good employee.”
– advises an employment expert.
Graphics is an attractive form of presenting the level of knowledge / proficiency in your CV (or Resume). For this purpose, you can use circle diagrams, bar charts, point charts.
- knowledge of safety standards;
- a great knowledge of machine mechanics;
- physical fitness and efficiency;
- reliability and attention to detail;
- multitasking and cooperation;
- high communication skills;
- making the right decisions as well as solving problems.
- communication and interpersonal skills;
- multitasking and efficient customer service;
- listening skills and a great sense of humour;
- hospitality, patience, agility, verbal communication;
- B1 knowledge of English;
- high level of personal culture;
- great knowledge of beverage and drink recipes.
- ability to read technical drawings;
- fluency in moving around the machinery park;
- maintenance of machine tools;
- ability to prepare the workplace;
- good organisation and time management;
- ability to prepare an optimal technological process;
- communicativeness, accuracy, efficiency, teamwork;
- motivation and high willingness to continuous development and improvement of professional qualifications.
- operation of computer and payment terminals;
- good product knowledge;
- competent customer service;
- organisational and time management skills;
- kindness, reliability, cooperation and dispute resolution;
- high personal culture;
- willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
Thanks for the app, we can apply simple by updating the resume.
Would really love to get a catchy cv format that will open any doors for me.
It is a really catchy and useful article.
I would like to get a CV format for a heavy-duty diesel mechanic.
I would like to get a better CV format which would be accepted by any employer.